The Piwigo team is very happy to announce that the next Piwigo release is coming soon! But before making Piwigo 2.10 official, we need you, users, to test our new features. Are you up for it?Read More
Happy new year 2016 to all Piwigo.com users (and other readers of this blog!) We will publish another post later in January talking about our 2016 roadmap, but for now I wanted to share the first good news: Piwigo 2.8 is coming! Read More
Piwigo 2.7 “release candidate 1” was released yesterday with many new features and improvements. Here is a small sample:
- new upload form, with drag & drop and no more Flash
- sort albums by date
- improved search
- interactive discovering of Piwigo features with plugin “Take a Tour”
We need your help to test Piwigo 2.7 Release Candidates. You can browse a Piwigo 2.7 demo, but the biggest changes are on administration side. If you want a test environment, ask us and we will provide one!
Piwigo 2.6 is currently under tests as “release candidate”. It brings new features and many technical improvements. Just a few changes in Piwigo 2.6:
- many icons in the administration (“retina” compatible)
- geolocation of your visitors
- new group manager
- new email templates
- new pages in mobile theme
- new user manager
We need your help to test Piwigo 2.6 Release Candidate. You can browse a Piwigo 2.6 demo, but the biggest changes are on administration side. If you want a test environment, ask us and we will provide one!
Many users have activated plugin Autosize (approximately 10% of you, which means one of the favorite plugins). Unfortunately this plugin is incompatible with several other plugins and themes. Autosize is not available on Piwigo.com for Piwigo 2.5. In order to replace it, we need the help of beta-testers for the new plugin Automatic Size. See details on Piwigo.org forum.
Following our roadmap, a new major version of Piwigo every 6 months, version 2.4 is now ready for beta-tests. The stable version is planned for April and then plugins and themes will be updated for compatibility. If you want to know all details about version 2.4, read Piwigo 2.4.0RC1 announcement.
Here follows a list of the biggest changes you’ll find in Piwigo 2.4:
- multiple size: instead of just 2 sizes (thumbnail and web size) Piwigo 2.3 includes 7 sizes. Square, thumbnail, S, M, L, XL, XXL.
- mobile version: if your visitor browse Piwigo with a smartphone, Piwigo automatically loads the mobile theme, designed and optimized for tactile navigation.
- new default theme: Elegant replaces Sylvia as default theme. With it grey colors, menu and comments toggle, we hope you’ll find Elegant modern and beautiful as we do. (of course Sylvia is still maintained)
- many improvements on ergonomy for administration panel, several screens have been redesigned from scratch.
Before Piwigo 2.4 stable is available, we propose you to beta-test it. Either you simply browse the Piwigo 2.4 beta-test demo, or we create a complete 2.4 installation for you with administration panel available, just ask!
Piwigo is constantly evolving. Every month a new minor version is released, including bug fixes and adding small features. Every six months a new major version is released, including new features and important changes. This is completely invisible to Piwigo.com users because we care about software upgrades.
The next major version is Piwigo 2.3. The beta-testing is starting. We give all details on the announcement of Piwigo 2.3.0RC1. Here follows an example of improvement in Piwigo 2.3:
We propose you to test the new features, give your opinion and help us to make Piwigo 2.3 as stable and robust as possible. If you are interested and wish to participate, tell us and we will provide you a “ready to use” environment for testing.